Some comments from people living here:
- "Only good if you're rich."
- "I've lived in Colorado Springs most of my life. Over the years it has become too expensive to live here. There are no good jobs. If you want a job, you have to work minimum wage."
- "The military doesn't help because the soldiers work, too, so you have to fight them for jobs even though they make decent money from being in the military and they get plenty of discounts in town!"
- "All in all this is only a good place to live if you have the money. Otherwise, go somewhere else!!"
- "The cost of housing is outrageous. The average house is $223k. Houses in good school districts are $350k+. We can afford to buy a house here, but decided not to b/c we hope to leave in 2 yrs or so. That's as long as we can take it."
- "The people here are somewhat nice (but not overly so). If you're expecting smiles and someone making light conversation--don't. No one goes out of their way. Think long and hard about moving here!!!"
- "I do not know any metro area with half a million people that doesnt have a bypass around its city."